EDIT: Obviously most of this information is out of date...being it's almost OCT.....and Bethany went through website restructuring...so none of those links work...but I'm leaving this post up because I think the prayer requests are still needed. Thanks!!
I got an e-mail yesterday from our local Safe Families for Children director stating that they will host a training day on September 17th in Eden Prairie. This will satisfy the requirement needed to become a Safe Family. If you are interested and want to know more leave a comment and I'll get back to you....or contact the number on the website.
Other needs that were stated in the e-mail are:
1. Drivers: Could you volunteer to drive a child to his Safe Family host?
2. Notary: Would you be willing to meet us when papers need to be signed when a child goes into care?
3. Fund Development Committee: Our program is only available through the generous gifts of our donors.
4. Marketing: Social networking, advertising - we could use your help to get the word out to family and friends.
5. Event planning: Do you like planning/coordinating events? we could really use your help.
6. Can you host a child OR provide respite to a host family? We need 100 more families to volunteer.
7. Administrative/organizational skills with data base background.
8. Pray for all the families in crisis who call for help. We are only able to serve 1/5 of the calls due to our limited capacity.
Please join us in praying for these needs!!!:)
Our Story.....so far!!
UPDATE ON OUR STATUS: They forgot to have us sign some paperwork when they were here last Friday, but we were able to get that completed this week. We have been presented with a few cases that are coming up in the next couple of months. Pray for our discernment as we strive to serve the Lord in His strength, yet knowing our feeble human strength can only take us so far.....it is a battle we face daily as we honor Him!